Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Vegetable oil ·
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water ·
2 teaspoons (1 pkt.) unflavored gelatin (use 1½ teaspoon if you prefer a softer texture) ·
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt or buttermilk
2 cups whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced ·
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ·
- 1 tablespoon sugar ·
- Optional: ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Directions
For Panna Cotta:
- Lightly oil custard cups ·
- Pour water into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes. · Mix yogurt, 1-cup cream and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 cup cream and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved and cream comes to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture to pan, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Mix hot cream-gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture in bowl.
- Divide mixture among six ¾-cup ramekins. Refrigerate dessert uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Toss strawberries, vinegar, sugar (and pepper, optional) in large bowl to combine.
- Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- To serve: Run a small knife around the edge of each custard to loosen. Invert onto your serving plates then top with the strawberry sauce.