Okay, these are so easy and so much fun for pretty much anytime, but especially for Easter time! Cascarones (confetti eggs) are egg shells that are dyed and filled with confetti. They are fun to crack anywhere, but they are incredibly fun to crack on the head of any unsuspecting child…
These are fun crafts to make at home, but they can also be purchased online relatively inexpensively. So, if you are like me, and you live in New York, you will want to buy the cheap eggs, not the free range, organic, grass fed, high end golden eggs… Remember, these will be crushed….
- Crack a tiny portion of the top of the egg and dump contents into a container (if you wish to cook them and not waste them!)
- Rinse the inside of the egg and try to remove the membrane.
- Toss the eggs into any dye you wish to use, and get creative!
- Once the eggs are dried, use a small paper funnel and pour in your confetti!
- Finally, use some colored tissue paper to fill in the tip, glue over it, or just tape the tip if you get lazy.
Enjoy your eggs, and get crackin!