Suffolk County is gorgeous in the summer, but even when the weather is less than ideal, there are many indoor spots to visit. And in Fall and Spring months, or even those unseasonably warm Winter days, plenty of parks and places of interest are still open. Check their sites for individual hours and rates. Here are 25 great things to do in Suffolk County for some family fun in Suffolk County -indoors and out! (and of course, there are many more so make sure to get out and explore the Island as much as you can!)
1.Visit the Montauk Point Lighthouse and take in the expansive view.
2.In the Winter months, try ice skating at the rink in Port Jeff on Harborfront Park then visit the beautiful town’s many eateries and unique stores.
4.Walk the beautiful grounds of the Bayard Cutting Museum in Great River
6.On Saturday evenings, you can stargaze at the Custer Institute and Observatory in Southold
7.Take a gander at over 40,000 items at the Long Island Museum of American Art, History and Carriages.
8.Visit Avalon Park in Stony Brook for scenic views of the duck pond and trails to walk, then head over to the historic village center where there’s shopping and dining and many events year round
9.The galleries at the Hecksher Museum of Art in Huntington can be a wonderful way to spend a chilly afternoon
10.Visit the animals at the Holtsville Park and Ecology Center
11.Take a class at your local library
12.Visit the East End Children’s Museum in Bridgehampton for some hands-on fun
14.Spend an afternoon at the Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead ,weather permitting
15. Ride the Safari train and pet small animals at The Animal Farm Petting Zoo
16. Explore the saltwater marshes and wildlife at the Elizabeth Morton Wildlife Refuge
17. Visit the Long Island Science Center for hands-on exploring and learning in Riverhead
18. Explore interactive exhibits at the South Fork Natural History Museum
19. Pet a stingray, learn about penguins and have butterflies land on you at the Long Island Aquarium and Exhibition Center
20. Catch a puppet show at Goat On a Boat Puppet Theatre in Sag Harbor
21. Go hiking at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge
22. Visit an eclectic, unique, and very fun Wharf Shop toy store in Sag Harbor
23. See a family show at the Staller Center in Stony Brook
24. Visit the historic West Sayville waterfront and check out the Long Island Maritime Museum while there
25. See a planetarium show, take a peek at a mummy and tour the ground of the mansion at Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium in Centerport
You may also like: